Instagram which now has 1 billion monthly users has been competing seriously with Snapchat, It is now ready to compete head-on with YouTube.
Instagram has launched Instagram TV, IGTV to allow users to upload videos up to one hour in length, up from the previous one-minute limit (boy, that 1 minute was such a headache) and to house the new longer-form videos from content creators and the general public.
This new service is accessible from a button inside the Instagram homescreen, as well as a standalone app.
I was at the launch even though I came in 3 hours late but I have been playing with the new app looking around it since yesterday.
Download it and let me know what you think.
Update your Instagram app you can also enjoy IGTV from there.
I can’t wait to see where this is all going. Competition is good for us consumers.
Let me know your thoughts.
If you need help with anything Social Media, Marketing, Management, Content Creation, Online Reputation management etc let me know. I can be reached on WhatsApp 08067804212
No clients from Twitter? No problem. Try doing the following:
1. Have a Great Profile
Try to look as good as the person your client is looking for.
If you know your client well you know what they expect you can become what they expect.
Write your profile using the words that answer the questions of your market. People are looking for answers let your profile tell them you have what they are looking for.
Use great pictures for your profile. Well taken photos that show your face are great in helping people identify and remember you.
If you are a company or brand use your logo.
2. Tweet Frequently
Tweet everyday especially when your clients are online. Find out when your audience or market is online. Be where they are so you can have those conversations.
Use the right key words and hashtags that relate to the subject being talked about.
3. Participate in Twitter chats:
Twitter chat is a public Twitter conversation around one unique hashtag. This hashtag allows you to follow the discussion and participate in it. Twitter chats are usually recurring and on specific topics to regularly connect people with these interests.
Participating in this exposes you. Participate in the chats related to your niche and where your customers or audience would likely be too.
4. Respond to Everything. Social Media is about people. Talk to them. Answer questions. Respond to comments. Thank new followers. Follow back if you want. Talk to people. Find a way to improve relationships. The more conversations you have the better your exposure. Ask more questions in order to get the real problems your audience really have and deal with it.
5. Follow the Big Guys in your Industry.
Every industry has their big guns. They have the market and followers. They have the audience you want. Follow them and Build a relationship both with them and their followers who you are interested in.
Create a relationship first, sell later.
You can follow me on Instagram.com/TheoracleVA
The video below was recorded live
In February 2016, Facebook added emoji “Reactions” to the News Feed. After more than a year of building an alternative to the trademark “Like” button. And recently, Facebook has confirmed that using emoji “Reactions” actually influences the way your News Feed appears. In fact, Facebook weighs the emoji “Reactions” more than “Likes” to determine which content should appear towards the top of your News Feed.
Read Full article here: Click
Designing an effective social media strategy to help you achieve your goals can be a real challenge. In this video post, I share a few things that can help in 2017. Things you can use to make sure your social media marketing efforts are headed in the right direction and having the biggest and right impact.
Click here to watch.
With 2016 being an awesomely great year for social media what would 2017 hold? Let me make a few predictions… I have looked into the social media crystal ball and I predict as follows:
1. [Tweet “Videos will continue to dominate in 2017.”] More and more brands will begin to use videos to reach more people. It saves time for content producers and consumers and is usually better in communicating real emotions. Since I started using it my engagement with my audience has improved tremendously. If you are not using it, you should. You ought.
2. Live videos will dominate too. Spontaneous unplanned real life happening videos will fill our feeds more this 2017. Sometimes you see somethings that you have to report live like a journalist. Awesome stuff or extremely important stuff that you just must share. Get ready for this.
3. I see new social media platforms/companies coming up as well more mergers and acquisitions… Be on the look out for Google plus and Twitter.
4. Virtual Reality will become a household name in 2017. Many more companies will take advantage of this technology to improve customer experience. Many people would want to experience things. People want to see and get immersed, provide this and your conversion would be instant.
5. The customer’s strength will increase tremendously. Brands will go out of their way to win them over… Awesome customer experience is the way to go.
6. [Tweet “This is the year of Improved content and better story telling.”] If you can write or create awesome content or you know how to make a totally boring subject interesting then this is your year.
Do you like what you are reading? sign up to receive more here:[mailerlite_form form_id=4]
7. [Tweet “Social media Analytics will be very important this year.”] Companies and brands will want to make sure their funds are well utilized and are reaching their target market. Many Social media posters who call themselves Strategists will loose their jobs because of this except they deliver on business and social goals.
So what do you think… Any more additions to these prophecies?
If you would love to talk to me about anything? Here is my email: TheOracle@vycade.com or book an appointment with me here: calendly.com/TheOracle
Hope you now know who won the US Presidential elections?
You know Barack Obama right? You know how he won his election using Social media effectively? Well we have another Social Media Candidate that just won the election. Donald J Trump trumped Hillary Rodham Clinton. What can we learn from this?
I am not a Donald Trump political candidate fan but I am a Donald Trump the business man fan. After the shock defeat of Hillary Clinton, I decided to do a mini post-mortem and share it with you. How did this guy win? How did all the polls miss it?
The Audience and The Problem: The American people were tired of unfulfilled promises. They wanted their jobs back, they wanted good paying jobs, they wanted cost-effective healthcare, they wanted their country and their destiny in their hands and a great future for their family and kids.
The two candidates had one goal which was to become President to solve the problems. Now to achieve that goal they had to convince the electorate that they knew what the issues were and had solutions to them. They created a strategy to achieve their goals but Trump was elected. Let’s see how he did it.
1.Solution system: Clinton used System/Status Quo centered strategy to create her solutions. She looked at what worked before and tried to improve on it. While [Tweet “Donald used Client-centered strategy.”] He looked at what the clients wanted, captured it in his message and then delivered. Because he sounded interested in the American people no one cared if he didn’t have experience. Both strategies were put to the test and we know the results. strategy to create her solutions. She looked at what worked before and tried to improve on it. While Donald used Client strategy. He looked at what the clients wanted, captured it in his message and then delivered. Because he sounded interested in the American people no one cared if he didn’t have experience. Both strategies were put to the test and we know the results.
Action Steps: Think of your clients first. Your clients should be the center of everything. Focus on delivering distinct solutions that they really want. Listen to them. Listen to what they are saying and what they are not saying.
2. Understand Your Audience: Clinton knew the audience, the American voter but didn’t understand them. [Tweet “It’s one thing to know them but another to understand them.”]You can only understand someone if you study them. Trump gave time to understanding. He employed analysts and other experts to psychoanalyze and tell him all they could about his audience, their interests, their pain, their fears, where they hang out, how they spend their time, even the type of TV shows they liked to see. He got all that he needed to develop the right strategy for the audience he needed to win.
Action Steps: Know, Study and Understand your audience. You cannot hit a target you do not know. You cannot speak to an audience you do not understand.
3. Build a community: Trump created a movement of people. People want to be part of a community, something larger and bigger than them. Trump provided this.
Action Steps: [Tweet “Communicate, connect, and engage with your audience. Build a community.”] Give them something larger to fight for. Make them feel that they are a part of the family.
4. Use the words of your audience: [Tweet “People connect with people who talk like them”], use similar words to them. Trump is not politically correct. He did too many wrong things but it was this ‘political incorrectness’ that got him this far. He cursed on air. He insulted people without looking back. Crazy right? But his audience does not think so. They do not care about all that. They think he was just awesome. He spoke to them in the words they understood. The words they use in their everyday conversation. This brought him closer to them and made them feel so much like him.
Action Points: Sell with your words. Every audience has its key words. When they look for solutions to their issues they look for certain words. Know those words and use them. Know the language of your target audience. Talk straight to them in the words they know and understand.
5. Emotional Marketing: While Clinton was selling the way she knew how – the political way, Trump was selling like a business man. [Tweet “He knows buying is an emotional decision”]. Clinton sold to their reasoning. Trump sold to their emotions. Fear and Pain were his major marketing points.
Sometimes it’s good to think outside the box: This was the only way Trump knew how to think because he was outside the system. Clinton was part of the system so she continued with her inside the box thinking.
6. Be news worthy: With Trump, You don’t have to be correct to be in the news. Trump is the most controversial candidate I have ever seen and his ‘controversiality’ put him in the news all the time. He was awesome with capturing media attention. Turning every situation into a media sensation. Clinton played it too safe so she had to buy media attention with ads. Trump didn’t care about safe. He just said it as it was to him. He had more people talking about him than there were talking about Clinton even though not all they said was positive. Even the Clinton campaign slogan Love ‘Trumps’ Hate still mentions his name.
Action Point: I am not saying become like Trump and start telling stories that are not true as this could ruin your brand. All I am saying is find out what news worthy gist your audience would love and then give it to them. Be creative with your messages and content. Let it be full of value for your audience.
7. Social media: Trump used social media to air his views a lot and his fans just did the rest for him. It positioned him as a voice for a section of the populace no one was listening to. Finally, this group felt they had a messiah they could connect with.
Action Point: Use social media platforms strategically. [Tweet “Position yourself as a voice worth listening to.”] Be where your audience is and engage with them.
Thanks for reading. Do not ignore all we have talked about here. Implement it. Don’t be like Hillary. Would love to hear about your journey to success.
If you have issues with social media and how to use it effectively in business or you would like a social media audit and assessment, kindly let me know. Mail:TheOracle@vycade.com. You can get my new book: 33 Strategies of Social media here
“I hate KFB. Kindly Follow back, please. Why should I? I follow value. Would you follow someone if he or she has no photo on Twitter, No bio, has no message that is relevant to you? Fix all these things, provide value and your followers will increase”
That was my response to someone. Who wanted me to follow her account that had nothing to follow about it. On looking at her timeline I saw she had followed Kanye, Kim kardashian, Obama and was telling all of them to KFB. Unfortunately no one did. She had a few followers though who looked like her with no photos too and probably from the same village because they had similar names…
Well that aside, I have 18,000 followers on Twitter www.Twitter.com/vycadetheoracle . Would you love to grow your Twitter following?
Take My advice, take my friend’s advice also. @madalynsklar says
1. Tweet every day. Be out there. Schedule posts if you have to. Be in their face all the time providing value.
3. Check Twitter notifications and respond to every thing. That’s the way to keep the conversion going.
4. Use advanced Twitter search. Advanced search is available when you’re logged in to twitter.com. It allows you to tailor search results to specific date ranges, people and more. This makes it easier to find specific Tweets.
5. Use Twitter lists. A list is a curated group of Twitter accounts. You can create your own lists or subscribe to lists created by others. I use this alot.
6. Engage. Engage. Engage.
What I added…
7. If you happen to come across a profile like yours, be honest, Would you follow you? Have an awesome profile. Great photo and bio. Be the type of person your brand audience would love to follow.
8. Use right the key words relevant to your brand and industry so when people search for those words it would bring them to you. If you are in Banking use Bank, Name of your bank, Finance, Personal or public finance etc as keywords in your profile or timeline.
9. Use HashTags when you tweet. Relevant and popular ones get more results.
10. Follow others and ReTweet their content. Share stuff from other people you love. They would return the favour.
11. Follow followers of your top industry influencers a good number would follow you back as long as you look and sound like some one who would provide the type of content they value.
If you want to learn more, subscribe here: subscribe.victoranyanwu.com/TheOracle
Attract attention, Attract Followers, Grow your business and income – get my new ebook – 33 Strategies of Social Media here: